Here are a few ideas for free activities to do with kids:
- Go for a nature walk or hike: Explore a nearby park or trail and see what kind of plants and animals you can find.
- Have a picnic: Pack a lunch and head to a nearby park or beach for a picnic.
- Visit a library: Many libraries offer free story time and other events for children.
- Play at a playground: Most communities have playgrounds that are free and open to the public.
- Have a playdate: Invite some friends over for a playdate with your kids.
- Go to a community event: Many cities and towns host free events such as concerts, festivals, and farmers’ markets.
- Have a backyard campout: Set up a tent in the backyard and spend the night camping out.
- Have a family game night: Play board games, card games, or make up your own games.
- Have a family movie night: Watch a movie together and make popcorn.
- Have a arts and crafts session: Use materials you already have at home like paper, glue, and scissors to make art projects.
It’s important to note that some of these activities may be restricted or not available depending on the current situation, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, so please check local guidelines and restrictions before planning your activities.