Copper mugs are traditionally used for Moscow Mules because copper helps to keep the drink cold and enhances the flavor. The cold temperature of the metal helps to maintain the chill of the drink, and the copper also reacts with the ingredients in the cocktail to create a crisp, refreshing taste. Additionally, the use of copper mugs adds to the aesthetic appeal of the drink and has become a part of the iconic presentation of the Moscow Mule.
How to Clean Copper Mugs?
The best way to clean copper mugs is by using a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Simply mix equal parts lemon juice and salt to form a paste, then use a soft cloth to rub the mixture onto the surface of the mug. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth. If there are any tough tarnish spots, you can also use a mixture of equal parts vinegar and flour to create a paste and use a soft brush to gently scrub the surface. It’s important to avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals, as these can damage the copper and cause it to lose its shine.
- Make a cleaning solution: Mix equal parts of lemon juice and salt to form a paste.
- Apply the solution: Use a soft cloth to apply the lemon-salt mixture to the surface of the copper mug. Make sure to cover all areas, including the handle and inside of the mug.
- Let it sit: Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse: Rinse the mug thoroughly with warm water to remove all the lemon-salt mixture.
- Dry: Dry the copper mug with a soft cloth to avoid water spots.
- Buff: If needed, use a soft cloth to buff the surface of the copper mug to restore shine.
- Repeat as needed: Repeat the cleaning process as necessary to keep your copper mugs looking their best.
Note: Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals, as these can damage the copper and cause it to lose its shine.
Leave a Reply